DESCRIPTION OF THE GROUP
Laboratory of Conservation and Rehabilitation of Waters carries out research on:
- Monitoring chemical, limnologic and microbial quality of surface waters,
- Biological threats to quality of lacustrine waters (toxic blooming of cyanobacteria, pathogenic microorganisms),
- Assessment of eutrophication rate of lakes (especially the Great Mazurian Lakes) and other water bodies,
- Impact of wastewater management in the lake catchment on water quality threat,
- Effectiveness of wastewater treatment facilities and eutrophication risks regarding input of treated wastewaters into lakes
- Bioremediation and rehabilitation of water bodies,
- Expert opinions and environmental consulting.
Professor Ryszard J. Chróst
THE LEADER OF THE GROUP
Professor Ryszard J. Chróst
phone/fax: +4822 55 26 654
Waldemar Siuda D.Sc.,
Bartosz Kiersztyn Ph.D.,
Aleksandra Bukowska M.Sc.,
Tomasz Kaliński M.Sc.
Laboratory of Conservation and Rehabilitation of Waters performs many research services and analyses of water samples, expert opinions, reports on state of the environment and water quality monitoring.
We offer the following services using our professional experience combined with modern equipment and research infrastructure:
- Collection of water and sediment samples, continuous and point measurements of pelagic water properties (temperature, oxygen, conductivity, pH, turbidity, autofluorescence of organic matter, chlorophyll);
- Chemical analyses of nutrients (C, N, P), chlorophyll and organic carbon concentrations, BOD5, COD, oxidation;
- Microbiological analyses (number and biomass of bacteria, enzymatic activity, metabolic activity, genetic and physiological diversity);
- Determination of cyanobacterial toxins concentrations (microcystin);
- Determination of plankton respiration;
- Analysis of phytoplankton (with special regard to cyanobacteria) and protozooplankton.
Together with our business partner Eco-Life System LLC, we offer services in the range of rehabilitation of polluted water bodies and limitation of cyanobacterial blooms with non-invasive biological method. Contact: professor Ryszard J. Chróst, Laboratory of Conservation and Rehabilitation of Waters CNBCh UW, Żwirki i Wigury 101 (room 2.117),
02-096 Warsaw, phone/fax: +4822 55 26 654, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory of Conservation and Rehabilitation of Waters bases its activities on laboratories in Warsaw and field laboratory at the Hydrobiological Station of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Science in Mikołajki (Warmia-Masurian Voivodeship). The field laboratory is furnished with modern research and analytical equipment, land and water transportation units adapted to sampling campaigns and field measurements.