DESCRIPTION OF THE GROUP
Research group Ecology of Aquatic Habitats and Organisms represents the Department of Hydrobiology of the Faculty of Biology UW.
This group works on issues in broadly understood ecology of aquatic habitats and organisms and carries out research:
- in different types of water bodies (small temporary water bodies, ponds, lakes, streams, rivers),
- in different zones of a water body (littoral, profundal and pelagic zones),
- on different organisms (algae, plants, invertebrates, vertebrates),
- on different levels of organization (from the molecular level, via an individual, a population, a biocenosis, to an ecosystem),
- in the laboratory and in the field, in different areas of Poland (i.a. the Vistula River, Warsaw, the Masurian Lake District, the Tatra Mountains).